Winter IP Fireworks


 











Every 5 November we celebrate the foiling of a plot to assassinate King James I and Members of Parliament in 1605 with fireworks.  This year there will be a different kind of fireworks at the Chicago Booth Conference Centre when many of the world's IP practitioners and scholars meet for CTC Legal Events' Winter IP Conference to discuss the latest developments in SEP licensing, copyright and LLM training and other urgent topics.  

This year's conference is the third such event.   I participated in last year's and wrote about it in 
CTC Legal's Second London IP Conference
 
on 10 Nov 2025.   This year's format has been redesigned to concentrate the patent and trade mark forums and other discussions into a single day.  I have been invited back this year to talk about the Supreme Court's judgment in Tesla, Inc and another v InterDigital Patent Holdings, Inc and others [2026] UKSC 27, which I discussed in Patents - Tesla Inc v InterDigital Patent Holdings Inc in NIPC Law on 31 July 2026.   I have also been asked to take part in a demonstration of the Unified Patent Court's procedure.

Tickets for the event and some of the social activities can be purchased through the conference website.  Further information on the conference can be obtained from Gill Steer, the Event Manager and  I am always happy to discuss the legal issues that will be covered.   I can be contacted on 020 7404 5252 during normal office hours or through my contact page at any time.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ADR in SEP Licensing Disputes

New Guide to the Intellectual Property Enterprise Court Small Claims Track

CTC Legal's Second London IP Conference