FinTech Update

Author Voytek Pavlik Public Domain Dedication Source Wikipedia Cryptocurrency 













Jane Lambert

Financial technology ("FinTech") is one of the most rapidly growing technologies on the planet and one that the UK is ideally placed to develop for the reasons that Mark Carney, Governor of the Bank of England, explained in his presentation to the Deutsche Bundesbank G20 conference on “Digitising finance, financial inclusion and financial literacy” (see also his speech on YouTube).

I have written a number of articles on the topic which I have indexed in the "Further Reading" table of my FinTech Index page.  The latest of those articles is my note on the UK Jurisdiction Taskforce's Legal Statement on Cryptoassets and Smart Contracts which I published on Saturday.

The LegalTech Delivery Panel which presented the Legal Statement on Cryptoassets and Smart Contracts has also posted a scaleup glossary to its website together with an advent calendar game between now and Christmas.  I also published my own FinTech Glossary for the benefit of readers.

As for the legal protection of financial technology, I wrote Protecting FinTech Innovation on 27 April 2017 in NIPC Law. It is still a useful introduction to the topic.

Anyone wishing to discuss this article or FinTech generally may call me on +44 (0)20 7404 5252 during office hours or send me a message through my contact page

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UPC Court Dress

Latest Developments in Intellectual Property Law

Patent Law Update