Intellectual Property and Sustainable Packaging and Waste

Jane Lambert speaking in London

















Jane Lambert

I have been invited to speak at a half-day workshop on sustainable packaging and waste which will take place at Ty Menai, Parc Menai, near Bangor on Tuesday, 29 Jan 2019 between 09:00 and 13:00.  The event is organized by Cywain and Beacon Biorefining Centre of Excellence.  More information about the event, including a flyer, can be obtained from Beacon's website and places may be reserved using Cywain's online booking form.

The keynote speaker will be Dr Rob Elias, Director of the Biocomposites Centre of Bangor University, He will be followed by speakers from WRAP Wales, Business Wales, the Pontio Centre's FabLab and me.  I will be talking about intellectual property in relation to sustainable management and waste.

Food packaging and waste disposal are increasingly important technologies but they concern other intellectual assets such as branding and design.  In my 30 minutes, I shall set out the full intellectual property toolkit, that is to say, patents, trade secrets and design right as options for protecting investment in R & D, trade mark registration and the law of passing off to protect investment in marketing and design registration and copyright for packaging design. I shall discuss techniques for identifying the assets most worth protecting, IP enforcement, insurance and other options.

Over the years I have specialized in advising and representing start-ups and small and medium enterprises on protecting and exploiting their investments in branding design and innovation and I have contributed a lot of information on the subject through my blogs and other publications.  I also set up and chaired for many years inventors' clubs in Leeds, Liverpool and Manchester.  I also run free monthly IP clinics at The Business Village in Barnsley.

Anyone wishing to discuss this article or IP generally should call me on 020 7404 5252 or send me a message through my contact form.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UPC Court Dress

Latest Developments in Intellectual Property Law

Patent Law Update