Cambridge IP Law Summer School 2024

Ross Church / Downing College, Cambridge / CC BY-SA 2.0

















Jane Lambert

The 23rd IP Law Summer School will take place at Downing College, Cambridge between 12 and 16 Aug 2024 and I shall speak on FRAND and IP Litigation in the English Courts.  I will also chair the sessions on patents and contentious IP.  In Cambridge IP Law Summer School I described the course as "a rare opportunity to listen to some of the leading practitioners in intellectual property law in beautiful surroundings in the company of some very bright young men and women from around the world."  

This year's summer school promises to be one of the best ever with a revised agenda and some excellent speakers.  Among this year's new topics Parminder Lally and Debora Dorn of Appleyard Lees will discuss IP and artificial intelligence and a speaker whose name is yet to be announced will talk about geographical indications.

The knowledge imparted in the classroom is only part of the learning experience.  The rest is communicated informally over dinner, in the bar or on the river.  There is a full programme of evening entertainments which includes a black tie dinner, barbecue and quiz night, a guided tour of the city and punting on the Cam.  As Cambridge is a student city there are lots of bars, restaurants, cinemas and a great repertory theatre.

Information about fees and reservations can be obtained from the booking page of the Informa website.   In the past Informa have negotiated discounts or concessions for colleagues in chambers, members of the IP bar and even instructing solicitors and attorneys.  In my previous article I wrote: "Although perhaps I am not in the best position to say so as the Summer School cost me nothing, I thought it was worth every penny."

Anybody wishing to discuss this article may call me on 020 7404 5252 during UK office hours or send me a message through my contact form.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IP and Brexit: the Fashion Industry

Perhaps the Most Complex World IP Day Theme Ever

Twenty Years of Direct Access