My Trade Mark Tips and Trade Mark Tuesday

Jane Lambert

 





In 2016 I launched NIPC Branding for entrepreneurs, business owners, angel investors and others who needed to know about trade marks, passing off, domain names and other aspects of branding law in everyday language.

One of my most popular articles was introductions to English and EU trade mark law called "Auntie Jane's Trade Mark Tips". These were intended for non-lawyers but several lawyers told me that they had read and enjoyed them.

The original series covered the following topics some of which I updated yesterday:

  1. "The Very Basics" - 8 June 2017
  2. "EU and British Trade Marks" 9 June 2017 (updated 23 May 2022)
  3. "Where to find the Law" 10 June 2017 (updated 23 May 2022)
  4. "What is a Trade Mark" 12 June 2017 (Updated 23 May 2022)
  5. "How do I register a Trade Mark" 13 June 2017
  6. "Some of the Things that can go wrong" 15 June 2017
  7. "Some more Things that can go wrong" 27 July 2017
  8. "Oppositions in the Trade Mark Registry" 4 Sept 2017.
After a break of nearly 5 years, I have today added a new tip on infringement.   In it, I try to summarize in everyday language the effect of s.10 (1), (2) and (3) of the Trade Marks Act 1994,

All my past tips and future ones will be indexed on my Trade Mark Tips Index.

A parallel service for entrepreneurs and other small business owners is my pro bono branding clinic which will focus on trade marks every Tuesday. I offer up to 30 minutes of my time for initial advice and signposting. That may not be enough time to dispose of an enquirer's issue but it should be enough to define it and assess what further assistance he or she may need, what sort of professional is best placed to supply it and how and where to find such assistance.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UPC Court Dress

Latest Developments in Intellectual Property Law

Patent Law Update